Thursday, January 31, 2008
it has been a good start to the year. this month,
1) i've gotten the most commisions so far
2) i went on a trip with q to avoid one of those little timebombs. for the first time in 5years, it came and went without a sms/call/email. i dont know how to feel. the trip was eventful though, my wallet got stolen, we were made to run around 2 police stations, but the wallet was eventually found "in a rubbish bin" at the same place later that night. how odd. my green pair of havaianas were not recovered though. *wail*. it was q's berday gift to me dammit.
3) jb trips with q has become somewhat of a regular routine. petrol and stomach topup. cheap.
4) i started dragonboating again. for the first time in my life, we rowed all the way to the merlion, and the boat glided under its vomit. to the cheers of sunday tourists, we were blessed by the icon and got drenched. captain said "the lion has washed away all your sueys!" amen to that.
5) i was confirmed at work. got the card, the benefits, the leave.
6) i finally see the numbers going down, after 6 mths of living credit free.
7) saiful got married. i wish you and wifey all the happiness in the world.
8) sarah turned 2. muaaacks princess. u're amazing.
9) i've ignored u for 6mths. they say time is a healer. its healing.
10) movies are aplenty leading up to the oscars. so far, the best movie i've seen this month is atonement. go watch it. (tonight the barber of fleet street is waiting for me, and good luck suk on the cafe opening!)
11) i've made some friends. i look forward to wnp and chatting as if we are, but we are not.
12) i've established a regular weekly exercise schedule. swim, run, pump, spin. i wanna climb soon.
february, i will use all of your 28 days to the fullest.
happy berfday 2u!
Monday, January 28, 2008
happy berfday sarah! she's 2 yrs old :)
ok she doesnt look too happy in that pic cos she was under the hot sun for abt 2 hrs walkin around nagoya and jodoh in batam following us around shopping. well, actually i carried her almost all the way though. this is back at the hotel room. but she was happy after that :)
the moon is a harsh mistress
Thursday, January 24, 2008
heath, i swear...
goodbye, ennis del mar.
that final scene and those final words "jack, i swear..." kept me wondering for a long time (heck, even up till now), what ennis wanted to say. heartwrenching. "you know i aint queer"...
title of blog courtesy of qh
thd on cnn!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
take me away
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
one year has passed. this yr, to welcome 200f8, i did something different.
it was impressive. the motley crew rented a generator that provided lights and music that lasted the whole nite. didnt matter that the fireworks were out of sight, we created our own.
i passed out on the breakwater from 3-4am, woke up with a chill, so i dragged myself into the tent that my cuzz built. he followed inside and we laughed so hard, it hurts. the hp became the source of a fuckin hilarous banter, as was the memories of good ol times. "ni cam kat melaka dulu", he said. indeed, it was. we passed out again abt 6am.
i woke up to mazzy star's 'fade into you', with the image of the band standing on the breakwater, spreading their arms out with the wind blowing in from the bay. it was a moment alright.
may we get what we deserve this year.
Friday, January 04, 2008
thanks so much ida and hubby joey! i had 3, ate the glazed one before snapping the 2nd pic.
on the subject of food not found in singapore, take a look at these mcdonald's pies.
banana pie's sold in malaysia, and i had the taro pie in krabi.
good start to 2008 begins with the stomach!